Monday, May 30, 2011

Brew Day: Starting the Summer HefeWiezen



Summer is right around the corner so today was the day I had the free time to start my summer hefewiezen being that it is Memorial Day and having the day off from work.

My Recipe was a basic hefewiezen I found online at HomeBrew Talk

The Brew Sheet:
Type: Extract w. Specialty Grains
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Time: 60 min   
Ingredients:

Amount       Item                                                                         %                               
5.00 lb         Wheat Dry Extract (8.0 SRM)       Dry Extract     83.33 %
1.00 lb         Cara Hell                (2.0 SRM)       Grain              16.67 %

Hops
1.00 oz      Tettnang [4.80 %]    (60 min)         18.2 IBU

Beer Profile:
Est Original Gravity: 1.045 SG
Measured Original Gravity:  12% BRIX = 1.039 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.012 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 4.30 %

I got to use my early B-Day present from my AWESOME girlfriend : The Refractometer

Anyway after the primary fermentation I plan to add something stuff during the secondary ... you will have to stay tuned and see...

Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment